Coloring has come a long way since I was a kid. I used to take my 24 pack of Crayolas (not the 64 pack with the built-in sharpener, but 24 was better than 8!) and a coloring book of Strawberry Shortcake and sit for long stretches of time on our screened in porch when I was a kid. Or I would crawl into my sheet fort and color there. As a child, there was nothing better than a new page in the coloring book and the smell of crayons to start the day.
Now, as a grown-up, coloring has come back into our lives, only now we get mandalas, Zen tangles, and detailed images to color with our colored pencils and alcohol markers. It has become a way to destress and to recapture some of that lost youth. Now we color at our desks or on the couch, enjoying some artistic solitude and finding a little peace in our day.
If you haven’t had a chance to jump into the coloring craze, now is your chance. You can grab dozens of free downloadable and printable pages from these websites to help you kick-start your adventure.
Best Sites for Free Printable Adult Coloring Pages
- Just Color has hundreds of pages ready for instant download in all kinds of categories. Love animal? Feeling zen? They have you covered.
- Hello Kids has a section just dedicated to adults, but they have lots of pages for kids too. Print out favorites for everyone and have a family coloring day!
- Coloring Pages for Adults has mostly mandalas but, boy, are they pretty. I might just print out every single one.
- Adult Coloring Pages has a whole section of patterns! There’s nothing more zen that coloring the same pattern over and over. Have you tried it? It’s like a weird form a meditation – just like those zen rock gardens!
- Everything Etsy has an awesome roundup of some of the more trendy prints out right now. There are cactuses, unicorns, and mermaids! You can’t go wrong.
- Art is Fun has finished examples alongside the printables in case you need some inspiration to get started.
- Faber-Castell came up with some beautiful and intricate designs you have to see.